PA's Online ATVing Resource

Recently Posted
southern NJ guy
by paul_c
Yesterday at 01:45 PM
How do we start our new RidingATVingPA.com Club ?
by mikeexplorer
01/17/18 05:48 AM
Regional News and Info
Upcoming Rides and Events
Newly Added Topics
southern NJ guy
by paul_c
12/16/17 06:23 PM
How do we start our new RidingATVingPA.com Club ?
by Trail Ranger
02/02/11 10:00 PM
Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#32656 - 04/29/13 09:26 AM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
Scott Offline

Loc: Edgewater, Md.
Well Monday morning and I'm at work! As some of you know I brok down on RT81 north of Harrisburg Saturday afternoon. After getting towed off of 81 to the town of Palmara and droped off at a local Chevy dealer the fun started. The towing company towed my truck with the slidein camper then went back to 81 and got my trailer. After finding the problem with the truck (a bad distribitor) I called Tinwood and gave Janie the bad news of not being able to make it. I then got a call from I think Traile Blazer? If there was anything he could do to help. Then I got a message from another rider if I would like to ride with him! Truley a good bunch of people!!!!! The Advance Auto Parts Store went the extra mile to find me the part, get it sent to their stor and called me when it was in. And they called at 7:45 am Sunday morning!!!! They don't open untill 9:00!!!!! Being from Maryland, I have never been treated so well by outof towners before and many thanks to all!!!

Damm sorry to miss this ride as I only get one weekend a month to play there.

I will be back over and over to ride with a great bunch of people!

Thanks
Scott

#32657 - 04/29/13 09:34 AM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
Rocknron Offline
stranger

Goods thanks for having us yesterday,We all had a great time and it was nice to see everybody out there,Thank you Dave and Dennis and Tinwood for all your efforts as well, I even got my name in the paper I see,Hope to see you guys at that Poker Run on June 1st,Thanks again

#32658 - 04/29/13 09:46 AM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
El Presidente Goody07' Offline
Asst. Rep. region #6

Loc: HERSHEY, PA
Riders hungry for safe and legal places to ride

Published: April 29, 2013

Justin Strawser/Staff Photo Riders from ATVingPa.com were given a tour of the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area for six hours Sunday.

By Justin Strawser

COAL TOWNSHIP - Off-road vehicle enthusiasts across the state have a craving for more places like the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area, said participants from the ATVingPa.com ride Sunday.

"We're hungry for safe, legal places to ride. We don't want to worry about the game commission tracking us down," explained ATVingPA.com sixth region representative Matthew Michael during the group's lunch break.

More than 70 riders from all over Pennsylvania and New Jersey were given tours in their ATVs and side-by-side vehicles for six hours Sunday on the 6,500 acres of Northumberland County-owned mountains and abandoned coal lands stretching from Zerbe Township east to Mount Carmel Township.

AOAA authority member David Crowl and Anthracite Trail Riders member Dennis Felty divided the riders into two groups and led each on a tour of the east and west ends of the property in the morning, and then switched groups in the afternoon.

"I've been to a lot of places, but this is in the top three that I've ridden," Ron Severn, 51, of Bethlehem said.

Severn, who has been riding since 1986, has been to the park before to ride and help clean up debris and litter, and he was excited to be back.

"I love it. This is awesome. I can't wait for it to be open officially," he said, noting beauty of the terrain and view.

The authority's intention is to have a trailhead constructed this year, a goal Severn is eager to see completed.

"If they could open this year, it would be fantastic," he said.

Michael agreed, saying the park had "100 percent support" from ATVingPa.com because of the terrain, view and variety of trails - flat trails for speed and rough trails for experience.

"There's really anything you're looking for," he said.

Michael, 35, said the area has a special place in his heart because he used to spend his summers with his grandparents, who live in Shamokin, and hike the AOAA property. His grandfather actually helped mine the coal in the same area the park encompasses today.

Family ties are another reason he wants to see the park succeed. That would translate into more revenue for local businesses resulting in a boost in Shamokin's economy as well as surrounding communities.

Michael said he would be satisfied with a shack in the parking lot if it meant they could ride legally and safer.

Crowl expressed his approval of the group and noted they were well organized and responsible.

"They are welcome back anytime," he said.

ustin Strawser/Staff Photo Riders from ATVingPa.com were given a tour of the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area for six hours Sunday.

Justin Strawser/Staff Photo Sam Taylor, 37, of Harrisburg, took a break during lunch Sunday in his 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 550. He was part of the ATVingPa.com ride and tour of the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area.

http://newsitem.com/news/riders-hungry-for-safe-and-legal-places-to-ride-1.1481034

Edited by El Presidente Goody07' (04/29/13 09:46 AM)

2012 HONDA RINCON W/ 715cc BIG BORE, WEB CAM, CARLISLE 489'S AND MANY OTHER GOODIES. 2011 HONDA RANCHER AT W/ IRS, PS & ELECTRIC SHIFT AT OR MT A.K.A FLIPPER!!! ( WIFES )

MEMBER OF THE ANTHRACITE TRAIL RIDERS

#32665 - 04/29/13 11:31 AM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
First700R Offline
stranger

Loc: Gettysburg, PA
Good wright up.

It was a good time. I sure hope it really does open this year!

Edited by First700R (04/29/13 11:31 AM)

#32666 - 04/29/13 11:33 AM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
First700R Offline
stranger

Loc: Gettysburg, PA
I thought I saw Dennis and David taking pics of the groups etc... Any chance some of those could be posted?
I tried to take some but mine are not very good.

#32679 - 04/29/13 07:35 PM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
02dodgeman Offline
stranger

Loc: Elizabethtown, PA
Sorry we missed this ride. Hopefully there will be another one soon or else open soon.

#32686 - 04/29/13 09:09 PM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
WHFR Offline
addict

Loc: Mount Joy PA
thankyouMatt thanks for the hard work this weekend for the ride. we all had a good time and looking forward to future rides like this again. dave cheers

#32730 - 05/01/13 08:26 AM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
Asst. Rep. region #6

Davecrowl@aol.com

7:47 AM (34 minutes ago
to me

Matt,

Here's a story most don't know from Sunday's ride. The lad everyone was talking about was one of our DCNR ATV Safety students at AOAA. This is an email I sent Geisinger Children's Hospital since the underwrite the AOAA youth safety program .

Dave Crowl
128 Turkey Hill Road
Elysburg, Pa. 17824

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: cahanson@geisinger.edu, cpcoppola@geisinger.edu, ckalie@geisinger.edu
CC: jane.gaugler@norrycopa.net, Jbackes562@gmail.com
Sent: 4/29/2013 11:58:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: DCNR Youth Training Results

All,

AOAA hosted a trail ride yesterday for a statewide organization ATVingPa. I was one of the guides taking groups out on the trails. There was a young lad that was on a youth ATV and was wondering how he was going to negotiate the rugged trails at AOAA.

After we negotiated a difficult portion of the trail I noticed this lad was hanging with all the experienced riders and not holding anyone up. We took a break and I went over to compliment him on his excellent riding skills to which he replied " I should be good you(and Jim Backes) trained me and gave me my DCNR youth safety class. Here's his pic.

Dave Crowl
128 Turkey Hill Road
Elysburg, Pa. 17824

2012 HONDA RINCON W/ 715cc BIG BORE, WEB CAM, CARLISLE 489'S AND MANY OTHER GOODIES. 2011 HONDA RANCHER AT W/ IRS, PS & ELECTRIC SHIFT AT OR MT A.K.A FLIPPER!!! ( WIFES )

#32746 - 05/01/13 10:24 PM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
Doug Offline

Loc: Fogelsville, PA
I think that was the little man in front of me a few bikes ahead. I was towards the back of the group that headed west first. If that was him, he's fearless and rides like an experienced rider. He understood finding the right line through anything. That's typically something that only comes with lot's of miles/hours whether its on a road race track or on technical trails like AOAA.

Edited by Doug (05/01/13 10:27 PM)
07' Triumph Daytona 675 - (street & track)
02' BMW R1100S
98' Ducati 916
00' Harley Fatboy

#32747 - 05/01/13 10:35 PM Re: ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA!!! ( YES AND IT'S LEGIT )!!!! [Re: El Presidente Goody07']
Asst. Rep. region #6

Only once did he get really hung up. He was going around a mud hole and a vine had rapped around his left front tire, I had stoped along with a few others to help him out. One heck of a rider, GOOD JOB LITTLE MAN!!! rockin

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  alltorquedup, padirtslinger 
ATVingPA.com Gear Here !

Stickers should be in stock around the start of 2014. Anyone who has stickers ordered will get them as soon as we get them in. Thanks for your patience.

Sponsor
Mud Pit

Mudders Online
0 Members (), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Newest Members
Abcd, natale19, paul_c, Ben huber, Charles
1770 Registered Users
Sponsor News
Random Pictures
(Views)Popular Topics
Word Association 71409815
The Youtube thread 733344
August 24 - 26 Exclusive ATVingPa.com Weekend @ Scrubgrass Village 522212