PA's Online ATVing Resource

Recently Posted
southern NJ guy
by paul_c
Yesterday at 01:45 PM
How do we start our new RidingATVingPA.com Club ?
by mikeexplorer
01/17/18 05:48 AM
Regional News and Info
Upcoming Rides and Events
Newly Added Topics
southern NJ guy
by paul_c
12/16/17 06:23 PM
How do we start our new RidingATVingPA.com Club ?
by Trail Ranger
02/02/11 10:00 PM
Topic Options
Hop to:
#32053 - 04/10/13 07:20 PM R.A.C riding
Mudrat Offline
stranger

Loc: reading pa
ok guys heres the challenge
i have my RAC permit and i have there map
when i went in for it i talked to the nice lady that took my check and she also informed me of the severe crack
down by the game land natzie's
after reading some other posts about them using helo's and small plans i not really sunder about this practice
i for one think there must be another reason for all this nonsense
why just to think of how much it must cost them for one days worth of this bs bogles my mind
now that i have just vented i will put forth the challenge
i for one dont know my way around up there i rode just 2 times on last years permit once from wallmart and once from the 901 pub

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ The Challenge}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

could we as permit riders put a ride together with some of the guys that know the area well that would stay on rac land and get mabey 15 or 20 people to ride for a hole day and have the eye in the sky waste a whole bunch more of our tax payer money for nothing following us around
if you use google earth it looks like you could ride just about all day have a ball and piss off the game land natzies to boot

#32057 - 04/10/13 08:27 PM Re: R.A.C riding [Re: Mudrat]
Yamsaab Offline
journeyman

Loc: Dillsburg, PA
Sounds like fun!! haha I'd be half scared though unless those that were leading were 100% sure of where they were going. I don't think they'd have much luck catching 15-20 people anyways if it did come down to it.

#32059 - 04/10/13 09:06 PM Re: R.A.C riding [Re: Mudrat]
dman66 Offline

Loc: Oley,Pa. Farmlands of Reading
Can you PM me about the severe crack thing - not sure what you're talking about???? And as for the sectioning off or state sign postings - I think all that all those areas are water shed land - a hell of alot of areas sectioned off. When my freinds and I go up,we usually do around 30 - 40 miles from Burma Rd., Minnersville was around 40 - 50 miles.I have'nt been to Dark Water Rd. yet or even Treverton areas yet. Yeah it boggles me that it is said that there is an eye i sky on us - not so sure on that ?????

#32061 - 04/10/13 10:18 PM Re: R.A.C riding [Re: dman66]
Yamsaab Offline
journeyman

Loc: Dillsburg, PA
Originally Posted By: dman66
Can you PM me about the severe crack thing - not sure what you're talking about???? And as for the sectioning off or state sign postings - I think all that all those areas are water shed land - a hell of alot of areas sectioned off. When my freinds and I go up,we usually do around 30 - 40 miles from Burma Rd., Minnersville was around 40 - 50 miles.I have'nt been to Dark Water Rd. yet or even Treverton areas yet. Yeah it boggles me that it is said that there is an eye i sky on us - not so sure on that ?????

Copy and paste of the post he's referring to. Its from CCR website, and posted by sprocket52

Im going to preface this by saying , I understand the responsibilty in the matter following.... BUT we've all been there at one time or another.

This past Sunday 3 of us departed for a day of trail riding. Launch was from behind the 901 pub. I have been riding there off and on for a few months now. We took off early towards 81 on the old asphalt to run the powerline along 81. Instantly we were now in clear view of NEW state gameland signs.

I say new because 3 weeks prior I rode the same run as I was attempting to this time around, although 3 weeks before I had seen NO posted signs private of state related. We pushed on towards the pole line at which point the state game signs were evident that we were no longer allowed to continue. At this point we turned around and headed east to avoid this area and any legal troubles that could prevail.

Rode a good 3 hrs after that with no issues. Upon lunch break and talking with my group about how frustrating it was to see this land no longer avaiable to us (to my knowledge) and how many trails we could no longer get to.

Heres where we made our mistake.... I recieved a phone call (during our lunch) from a friend that rides frequently and had been in this same exact area the day before who said that he and his father in law had ridden those trails anyway ignoring the signs. Claiming they rode them all day with out any problems.

Letting my common sense go, the 3 of us decided to go down the pole line anyway. We went about a half mile down the line and I took a eastbound turn retreated back into the woods and back on RAC property, just didnt feel right... Ive always been the voice of reason in situations like this in the past and I shouldve stuck to my principles.

I led our small group on a midspeed clip through some wider trails continuing to just get some speed outta my system and feeling much better about knowing I was where I should be and not under threat of a big brother....

We had our burst of speed and I looked back to check on my buds and found one missing. My friend and I traced our steps back spliting up at times to look for our lost pal. After about 30 mins of combing the trails we had just ridden we had still seen no sign of him or his bike. At which point between the 2 of us it was time to split up again and search with a closer eye.

My friend headed back to the trucks just to check and see if our buddy had headed back after being seperated. I stayed in my location of a trail crossroad just in case he surfaced in the area we were in. We were only about 15 mins from the parking spot... 45 mins later Im still waiting for either one of them to come back and meet me.

They did not.

Instead I was then approached by a game official who asked if I was lost. I preceded to tell him the story of how th group got split up and why I was waitng there on the trail.

he says "is your one friend Mr. *****" to which I replied "yes sir"
At this point the officer informs me his "partner" had just arrested Mr ***** for riding on State Game Land property.

In my head Im freaking out wondering where the took him, if the bike was impounded, where can I pick him up from, that sort of thing...

Although I WAS on RAC property at that point in time, the officer goes into a lecture about knowing where I should and shouldnt be, and how RAC gave me a map and I need to stick to where Im supposed to be.. (feeling pretty down on myself at this point)

HERE IS WHAT SHOCKED ME

The officer then says to me, " you used your head earlier this morning and turned around when you saw our signs, you shouldve stuck with that instinct"

Wondering how the hell he would know I was over there earlier that morning I was blown away to find out, State officials had been watching us from the air all day!!!!! YES the AIR!!! Including 3 small planes AND a helicopter!

The rest of our conversation was short and irrelivant. Once he left I headed back to the truck to load up. My friend who was "arrested" is at my truck waiting for me as well as the other guy who had crashed and headed back with out telling us.

Total time spent on PA game property, maybe 10 mins. The reason my friend was fined and cited falls completely on retracing our steps to find our lost friend.

The one who was cited was treated with a minimum 150.00 fine, they pulled him over on the asphalt rd (closed to traffic) that now belongs to the game lands.

This is not a sob story and not meant to come off that way, we screwed up and one of my groups memebers is paying for it. Myself and the lost rider were not fined, and or arrested as the officer likes to phrase it.

There was one thing the officer asked me to do and that was this.

"INFORM ANYONE YOU SEE ON THE TRAIL OR FRIENDS/FELLOW RIDERS THAT THIS WILL NO LONGER BE TAKIN LIGHTLY. WE ARE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR YOU AND WE WILL MAKE IT A MISERABLE EXPERIENCE. IT HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH AND WE ARE DONE MESSING AROUND. WE WILL TAKE YOUR MACHINE, WE WILL PROSECUTE, AND EVEN PUT YOU IN JAIL IF YOU DECIDE TO RUN. WITH OUR EYES IN THE SKY YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH IT"

So there you go, Ive learned my lesson. Hopefully it help keep the rest of us out of trouble. Im not telling anyone what to do, just a reminder of the consequences.

#32067 - 04/11/13 07:32 AM Re: R.A.C riding [Re: Mudrat]
kfp673 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Gilbertsville, PA
Ya this really sucks! I rode those trails for years. They basically blocked the route to the falls. I really do hate the game Comm! There is often no sense behind what they do and how they enforce it. Anyway, I have ranted many times about this but the point is there are many areas that we rode for years in that area that have recently become posted. Hopefully the pressure will die off with time because that area in particular was always nice riding!

#32080 - 04/12/13 12:04 PM Re: R.A.C riding [Re: Mudrat]
dman66 Offline

Loc: Oley,Pa. Farmlands of Reading
AHHH< I remember Yamsaab's post from a while back,and thank you for the warning.That Minnersville area was awesome too.It really sucks they made it off limit now.I now keep outta those posted areas,and the watershed posted areas that were tons of fun to ride on before.

#32086 - 04/13/13 07:22 AM Re: R.A.C riding [Re: Mudrat]
Mudrat Offline
stranger

Loc: reading pa
i got stuck working a bunch the last few days so havent gotten to check this post
i realy think what im saying is 2 points
1.how come the game comm is busting balls so much around the rac area and not so much in other areas
and spending so much money doing it
2. as long as i can clearly see posted signs i wont ride that trail or dirt road ect. but wtf happens if you are riding through a trail and inadvertently wind up on sgl
i didn't mind paying 125 for the permit but i dont want to get a fine either i just like to ride and have a good time
also does any body cross 61 near the wallmart it looks like you could on google earth but I'm not sure

Moderator:  padirtslinger 
ATVingPA.com Gear Here !

Stickers should be in stock around the start of 2014. Anyone who has stickers ordered will get them as soon as we get them in. Thanks for your patience.

Sponsor
Mud Pit

Mudders Online
0 Members (), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Newest Members
Abcd, natale19, paul_c, Ben huber, Charles
1770 Registered Users
Sponsor News
Random Pictures
(Views)Popular Topics
Word Association 71409815
The Youtube thread 733344
August 24 - 26 Exclusive ATVingPa.com Weekend @ Scrubgrass Village 522212