PA's Online ATVing Resource

Recently Posted
township/county roads in tioga county
by Carver
Today at 07:49 PM
2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade
by Madhatter
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
How do we start our new RidingATVingPA.com Club ?
by mikeexplorer
02/13/18 05:41 AM
Advice on getting kids set up to ride?
by topgun
02/12/18 05:59 PM
southern NJ guy
by mikeexplorer
01/26/18 05:28 AM
Regional News and Info
Upcoming Rides and Events
Mar 17, 2018 - 2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade
Newly Added Topics
2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade
by redkodiak4x4
02/13/18 10:29 PM
2018 Keystone Outback 260UML for sale in central Pennsylvania-new RV
by Lerch RV
02/12/18 12:33 PM
Advice on getting kids set up to ride?
by Darkstorm
02/12/18 11:01 AM
southern NJ guy
by paul_c
12/16/17 06:23 PM
township/county roads in tioga county
by idiggplants
05/31/12 09:20 AM
How do we start our new RidingATVingPA.com Club ?
by Trail Ranger
02/02/11 10:00 PM
Topic Options
Hop to:
#40187 - 02/13/18 10:29 PM 2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade
redkodiak4x4 Online   content
journeyman

Loc: Rostraver Twp.,Westmoreland Co...
Ok all, it is that time of year again. Its time for the annual Pittsburgh St Patricks Day Parade ride. this past weekend, I received the invitation information for this years parade. This year it is on Saturday, March 17. We are still limited to 25-30 units, NO dirt bikes. HELMETS ARE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE, BOTH DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS, INCLUDING THOSE IN SIDE-BY-SIDES. I will start the head count, I'm in for 5. We will have our float again as we did in the past few parades. From now through February 28, we are limiting entries to those members who have a post count of at least 10 (10 legitimate posts), or anyone who joined us in previous parades. Starting march 1, any remaining spots can be claimed by those with a post count of under 10. everyone who signs up for the parade must agree to the rules that are posted below by acknowledging your understanding of them, and your agreement to follow them by posting here. I will be sending the form back to the parade committee on behalf of everyone. none of our participants need to return this form to the parade committee. the form I send back will be a blanket form for all of us representing atvingpa.com. Here are some details, copied and pasted from last years post.

here is a quick look at the basic information regarding the parade. as i think if anything else or anything i may have missed, i will poist it. the parade committee has also requested that we decorate our units in green/st patricks day garb.

1. atvs and side by sides only......no bikes are allowed.
2. all must have legal registration (pa or recip state)
3. HELMETS ARE MANDATORY!!!! IF YOU SHOW UP WITHOUT YOUR HELMET YOU WONT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. THIS INCLUDES BOTH DRIVERS AND RIDERS.....SIDE BY SIDES INCLUDED!!!
4. must be in the strip district of pittsburgh by 8am. lineup around 930. parade starts at 10. we most likely wont start moving till around 1130-1200.
5. no mud!!! make sure your units are cleaned off. the cleaner the better.
6. decorations are welcomed and encouraged.
7. HELMETS ARE MANDATORY!!!! IF YOU SHOW UP WITHOUT YOUR HELMET YOU WONT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. THIS INCLUDES BOTH DRIVERS AND RIDERS.....SIDE BY SIDES INCLUDED!!! (yes i know i repeated it....)

Everyone must be in the parking lot in the Strip District by 8am as this is when they start closing the roads for the parade. If your not there by 8am, you may not be able to get to the meeting/staging area.

We will again be meeting at the Liberty Commons parking lot at 26th and Liberty Avenue in the Strip District section of the city.

This area below for the lawyers...

Pittsburgh Saint Patrick’s Day Parade 2017
Rules for Participants
1. The theme of the Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Parade is always a celebration of the region’s Irish
heritage honoring the holiday of Ireland’s patron - Saint Patrick. This primary theme is provided to all
participants as guidance on the Parade Committee’s expectation that all of their activities and
communications will respectfully support and not detract from this over-arching theme in the spirit as
intended. All participant messaging and themes that are tied to participation in this event must be
subservient to the singular theme of celebrating the region’s Irish heritage.
2. The purpose of the parade is to unite the community in a positive fashion under its one theme, on the
inclusive premise that everyone can be “Irish for a day.”
3. Because the Pittsburgh Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is a platform solely for the celebration of the region’s
Irish heritage, it is not a platform for participants to use for public protest, political speech, social
commentary, labor-management relations, government or legislative lobbying, special interest
advocacy, or any issue or message theme unrelated to the region’s celebration of its Irish heritage. In
laymen’s terms, in order to achieve a sense of common unity and fellowship, the parade maintains a
“leave your issues at the curb” policy for all participants in the parade.
4. The Pittsburgh Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee operates as part of the Irish Society for Education
and Charity, Inc., a private, 501 ( C ) 3 not-for-profit organization that accepts no public funding. All
parade participants are considered to be invited guests of the Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Committee. Any violation of Parade Rules as determined by the Parade Chairman and the Parade
Committee may result in the suspension of invitations to participate in future parades.
a. The Pittsburgh Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee does not discriminate based on race,
gender, sexual orientation, age or disability, and does not deny entry based on any of these
criteria.
b. Preference is given to entries that have participated in the parade in the past, having
demonstrated respect for all rules of conduct; Irish groups; individuals and organizations that
exist to celebrate the region’s Irish heritage; and selected individuals, groups and businesses
from the community that demonstrate pride in the region’s Irish heritage or provide certain
entertainment value.
c. The Parade Committee reserves the right to deny participation to any individual or organization
that does not meet its criteria for participation as set forth by these rules and includes meeting
all requisite deadlines, and parade capacity limits.
5. Because the Parade does not accept public funding, participants, sponsors and donors should not
provide payment from public funding sources.
6. To promote the safety of our participants and spectators, the throwing of any items by marchers or
from any vehicle in the parade route is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, beads,
candy and “silly string.” Only curbside distribution is permitted.
7. Check-in time is as follows:
a. Vehicles 8:30 a.m.
b. Marchers 9 a.m.
8. The Parade will start promptly at 10 a.m.
9. Parade entries should limit the number of vehicles in their groups to a maximum of two (2) per group,
unless special permission is received from the Parade Committee.
10. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted among participants at any time, from the staging area, along the
parade route, and/or in any vehicle or float. More specifically, the Parade Committee emphasizes that
alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the staging area, on any person or in any participating vehicle
during the Parade. This includes marching, driving, as a passenger in a vehicle or entertaining. In all
facets of the Parade alcohol is excluded. Parade Marshals have the authority to exclude/remove you or
your organization from the parade without warning if they determine that you or your group violates
these Rules of the Parade. This could also result in you or your organization/group being excluded from
next year’s Parade and future Parades.
11. All groups must march in an orderly and continuous manner. No group is permitted to stop the parade
to perform.
12. No parade entry is permitted to change the order in which it was assigned, or to have non-authorized
marchers or groups that exceed approved numbers stated on the parade application.
13. ALL automobiles are to have two (2) marchers, one on each side, larger vehicles, including floats must
have at least four (4) marchers.
14. All banners and signs must be consistent with the theme of the parade, and be in keeping with all
parade rules and must meet with Parade Chief Marshal’s approval on Parade Day.
15. Elected officials and political candidates participating in the Parade are not permitted to carry signs,
banners, clothing or other material which advertises or promotes their current campaign for office. No
member of an entry shall display any type of sign promoting a political candidate running for public
office. No candidate can be identified in sign, banner, badge or clothing as a candidate for office.
16. All participants in the Parade are not permitted to carry signs, banners, clothing or other material which
serve as part of a public protest , or promote political speech, social commentary, labor-management
relations, government or legislative lobbying, special interest advocacy, or any issue or message theme
unrelated to the region’s celebration of its Irish heritage. All signs, banners, clothing and other materials
for display by parade entries must meet the standards and expectations of the Parade Committee and
its rules set forth.
17. For vehicles, large and small, in the parade, excessive use of air horns and sirens is discouraged out of
interest for the welfare of spectators, parade participants and many canine and other animals with
sensitive hearing.
18. The Pittsburgh Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is a family event, intended to appeal to the entire community,
from young children to the region’s senior citizens and everyone in between. With this in mind, the
Parade Committee does not permit:
a. Adult themes, displays and/or behaviors by parade participants.
b. Violence or disrespect to fellow participants and spectators.
c. Obscene language, gestures, behaviors, signs, banners or apparel.
d. Acts of civil disobedience and/or vandalism.
e. Possession of any type of weapon (with the exceptions of law enforcement, first responders and
military/historic re-enactor participants).
f. Possession of any type of illegal drug or substance.
The Rules of the Parade Committee are meant to ensure a safe, happy, orderly and family-friendly parade. We
must have everyone’s cooperation. Parade Marshals and officers from the City of Pittsburgh Police Department
will be on hand to enforce all Parade Rules and city laws. WE MUST EMPHASIZE, alcohol is not permitted in the
staging area, on any person or in any participating vehicle, along the parade route. Violation of these rules
could result in your group being asked to leave the parade and/or exclusion from next year’s parade.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
1. The Parade Committee is not responsible for negligence or damage caused by you/your organization.
2. Please remember, do not block exits or entrances for parking lots or buildings. Do not block fire hydrants or
handicapped-accessible parking spots.
3. City of Pittsburgh Police officers and Parade Marshals will be available to assist you.
Pittsburgh Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee
Invited Parade Participant Contract
By signing this agreement between the Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee and the individual or
organization represented below, I (we) acknowledge that I (we) have read and understand and accept these
Rules, and agree to abide by the Rules of the Parade.
Parade Procedure
As an invited entry in the Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Parade, I (we) agree to:
I. Display the colored “Parade Vehicle Designation Sheet” provided in the packet we received. This
will be placed on the front of or in the windshield of the vehicle(s) being used in the parade.
II. Bring only the assigned number of vehicles (1-2 unless otherwise approved by the Parade).
III. Provide two (2) marchers per vehicle, one on each side; larger vehicles must have four (4) marchers.
IV. Allow the Parade Marshal to place my entry to the area that has been assigned to my group by the
Parade Committee’s “Final Line-up List.”
V. March in an orderly and continuous manner, not stopping the parade to perform.
VI. Remove any banner or sign if requested by the Parade’s Chief Marshal on Parade Day.

2001 Red Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4
2001 Grey Polaris Magnum 325 2x4

#40192 - 02/19/18 07:23 AM Re: 2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade [Re: redkodiak4x4]
xpbutch Offline
stranger

Loc: Penn Hills
Put me down for two machines.We always enjoy this.Hope it will be warmer this year.

#40193 - Yesterday at 10:08 PM Re: 2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade [Re: redkodiak4x4]
Madhatter Offline
stranger

Loc: Potter township pa
Put me down for 1 machine

#40195 - Today at 09:23 PM Re: 2018 Pittsburgh St. Patricks Day Parade [Re: redkodiak4x4]
Dannys Online   content
stranger

Loc: Plum, PA
I am excited my daughter will be riding her 110 and I will be riding my King Quad! Thanks A. J.

Moderator:  padirtslinger 
ATVingPA.com Gear Here !

Stickers should be in stock around the start of 2014. Anyone who has stickers ordered will get them as soon as we get them in. Thanks for your patience.

Sponsor
Mud Pit

Mudders Online
0 Members (), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
kawirider44 (24), Kurt (52), veltre (49)
Newest Members
Abcd, natale19, paul_c, Ben huber, Charles
1770 Registered Users
Sponsor News
2018 Keystone Outback 260UML for sale in central Pennsylvania-new RV
by Lerch RV
02/12/18 12:33 PM
Random Pictures
(Views)Popular Topics
Word Association 71977759
The Youtube thread 743794
August 24 - 26 Exclusive ATVingPa.com Weekend @ Scrubgrass Village 531190