johnstown pa
C
cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450 Offline OP
enthusiast
cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450  Offline OP
enthusiast
C

johnstown pa
I bought this plow at the start of last winter. the actual plow is good. It is super heavy too. The mount is a different story. I have not had so much trouble with a product and the company is just jerking me around about it. firedevil I have been in contact with them via email and phone since about October '12. bs the guy keeps telling me no one else has had issues. although the contact email in their web site doesn't work.
heres the issue:
its a front mount so it basicly mounts to the push bar.
It mounts via 4 tabs. Two upper tabs attach to u clamps around the push bar
the bottom two mount to the lower push bar bolts (replacd with longer ones
) these screw into a mount on the frame that has a less than a quarter of a inch of thread
IT KEEPS PUSHING THE BOTTOM BOLTS OUT banghead ive had them tapped twice already
this thing NEVER should have been designed this way
not to mention when it comes loose it hits my a arms and wears the attachment weld

2012 Yamaha grizzly 550 EPS (green)
STILL looking for a winch i want !
55in eagle front mount plow (yellow)
Tri-County ATV
Re: american mfg eagle plow mount [Re: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450] #31561
03/24/13 09:43 PM
03/24/13 09:43 PM
johnstown pa
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C

johnstown pa
they have a pic in their website but is on a 550/700 grizz it looks remotely like mine but upside down and the tabs are shorter

Tri-County ATV
Re: american mfg eagle plow mount [Re: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450] #31565
03/24/13 11:15 PM
03/24/13 11:15 PM
Lower Bucks Co. Pa
Rrudzi Offline
Pooh-Bah
Rrudzi  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Lower Bucks Co. Pa
Are the bolts loosening up or is it ripping the threads from the hole. If its just a loosening issue maybe try Loctite. If its rippng the threads out maybe have studs welded in instead of the bolts.

PA DCNR ATV Safety Instructor
07 Polaris Sportsman 700
(Heel Clicker clutch kit,
27" Executioners)
03 Polaris Sportsman 400
06 Polaris Predator 90
Re: american mfg eagle plow mount [Re: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450] #31623
03/26/13 10:31 PM
03/26/13 10:31 PM
johnstown pa
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C

johnstown pa
they are pulling out. the bolts stick out too far and don't have a lot of threaded area (its a physics thing)
I just took it in to get the tabs that bolts go into replaced with solid steel blocks welded to the frame. hopefully this is the trick. none the less this design is flawed

Last edited by cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450; 03/26/13 10:33 PM.

Tri-County ATV
Re: american mfg eagle plow mount [Re: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450] #36922
03/31/14 02:40 PM
03/31/14 02:40 PM
Rochester, NY
N
NyGregg Offline
stranger
NyGregg  Offline
stranger
N

Rochester, NY
I support what Cuffs98 says to some degree. Here's my experience:
I purchased an Eagle Gen II system less than 6 months ago for my Yamaha Grizzly 450 non-EPS. I'm REALLY disappointed. From the day I received it, I found and continue to have problems. The blade was damaged due to improper shipping protection. Upon assembly, I found that the manufacturer had assembled parts with an impact gun that should NOT have been assembled and required me to disassemble the pivot and locking pin to assemble the push tube properly. The quad mount had the wrong size bolts included in the packaging. The mount just recently broke a rear bolt,the weld failed and the mounting ear bent. I did not strike anything and was only plowing 2 inches of snow when I heard the pop. After contacting them, they promised replacement but dropped the ball. Contacted them again. They shipped out a defective mount that was missing welds that connect the tabs on either side. Contacted them AGAIN. Dropped the ball. Jeff Hough said HE would inspect the mount prior to shipping (since he was the designer) and send it out with a call tag for the defective mounts to be returned. After not receiving any info about tracking or it being shipped, I contacted him again. He dropped the ball AGAIN. The shipping person never inspected the mount to make sure the welds were there. (Wait! I thought you said YOU would check it?) Gave me the wrong tracking info. Today I see Fedex pull up unexpectedly. He dropped a box but left before I could get outside and didn't pickup or leave a pickup ticket for the earlier defect. Failed AGAIN. Open the box....you guessed it. Missing the welds. Last conversation Jeff had said he would ship ANOTHER mount after he inspected it since he didn't know whether the mount his shipping person sent out had the welds. Well, here I sit, waiting for another mount. Hoping it's manufactured properly and gets here soon. I have back issues as I told Jeff, hence the reason I plow, because I can't shovel. We've already had 2 storms since the initial break, one being the single largest snowfall in 24 hours this year, with us hitting over 18 inches in that day. Now, we have a 3rd storm coming in and still no plow. Also, the wear bar has worn quite a bit and will need to be replaced before next season. One wear bar per season?? Kinda ridiculous. And you can't flip it like on a full size truck plow. Lastly, when I removed the quick mount and blade (push tubes), apparently they are designed poorly because they rub on the ground and will eventually fail due to the metal being scraped thin. The unit squats some with the plow on, but not that much. And I only weigh 160. What happens with a guy 225? They must really get damaged. And the warranty is a year? I'll be lucky if I make it through next season in one piece. Don't waste your money or the time it takes to install this.

Re: american mfg eagle plow mount [Re: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450] #36923
03/31/14 02:42 PM
03/31/14 02:42 PM
Rochester, NY
N
NyGregg Offline
stranger
NyGregg  Offline
stranger
N

Rochester, NY
Originally Posted By: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450
they are pulling out. the bolts stick out too far and don't have a lot of threaded area (its a physics thing)
I just took it in to get the tabs that bolts go into replaced with solid steel blocks welded to the frame. hopefully this is the trick. none the less this design is flawed

I had to cut my bolts down so they were the correct length. Sounds like you did not do that. The added torque on the long bolts would shear them....but then again, they are using cheap hardware.

Re: american mfg eagle plow mount [Re: cuffs98 a.k.a.11grizz450] #36939
04/03/14 06:05 PM
04/03/14 06:05 PM
Johnstown, Pa
12KingQuad35 Offline
journeyman
12KingQuad35  Offline
journeyman

Johnstown, Pa
Got mine after cuffs98 did. I agree the plow itself is nice, it's heavy and durable . But the mount and how it attaches was not thought out very good is at all. On mine it attaches with the 2 bolts that u take out of the frame that holds the front bumper on. After plowing for a short time the bolts come loose and the plow swings messing up the bolts and the square nuts welded to the frame. The last time I was plowing one of the nuts broke and I lost it. So I broke the other one off and put longer bolts with lock washers in . Also added two more bolts to the top of the mount to to keep it from moving up and down. Haven't used it much since I changed and add the extra bolts, but it seems a lot sturdier now. Think when I get a new quad the plow will be going with it. Think I will spend the Extra money and get a better plow , like a moose plow.

2015 Can-Am Commander XTP
Tri County ATV
S.S.R.T.
ANF
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  padirtslinger 

ATVingPA.com Gear Here !

Stickers should be in stock around the start of 2014. Anyone who has stickers ordered will get them as soon as we get them in. Thanks for your patience.

AD
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Newest Members
ed zipp, CTD03, Terry Chapla, Abcd, natale19
1773 Registered Users
Random Pictures
Sponsor
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics5,065