PA's Online ATVing Resource
Recently Posted
Any cabin or acreage owners with advice?
by mikeexplorer
11/15/18 07:08 AM
Regional News and Info
Upcoming Rides and Events
Newly Added Topics
Any cabin or acreage owners with advice?
by Darkstorm
09/29/18 05:45 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#40263 - 08/28/18 08:17 PM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
John1960 Offline
stranger

Loc: Suffolk County NY
I'm planning to take my son to SSRT on 9/8- 9/11. Unfortunately , I have to plan around his school schedule .

The next trip after that is NWORC on Columbus Day Weekend. That's our last trip of the year.

#40264 - 08/29/18 06:20 AM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
mikeexplorer Offline

Loc: Northeast, PA
Well at least you can go, even if its not the event weekend.

I will be probably starting a new job next month so for the pig roast I will only be able to do an over night trip.

Mike

#40267 - 08/31/18 05:51 PM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
John1960 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: mikeexplorer
Well at least you can go, even if its not the event weekend.

I will be probably starting a new job next month so for the pig roast I will only be able to do an over night trip.

Mike

Good luck with the new job Mike.

For many years I have always been the guy that never called in sick, never stayed home during a snow storm and always gave up more vacation time than I took. I have adopted a new philosophy recently.

Mark Twain said “ I have never let my schooling interfere with my education”. I want to be known for “ I will never let my career interfere with my ATVing”.

Hold on to that though after you put a few years in at the new job!

#40268 - 09/04/18 07:16 AM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
mikeexplorer Offline

Yeah its been a hell of a year, last year dad passed, then back in January I finally landed an engineering job, always wanted to be able to tell him I made it to be an engineer. Now granted jobs I had prior to that were good jobs and I did well, but he put me through engineering school and it would have been nice to tell him that.

Then in June I had an accident while working on a project and they fired me. I was not hurt bad thankfully and even came back to work the next day, for my dedication, they let me go, nice eh?

So while doing my unexpected job search, I came across this job which is actually closer to home and the manager is one I used to work with at my old place (not the one I got fired from, but a plant that closed) and he got me in for an interview and I will be doing the kind of work I like to do, it won't be an engineering job, but similar work. At this point I could care less about the title, as long as it is work I like to do, and a decent pay, im cool with it. However in the meantime, my mom finds out she has cancer and its advanced. During the interview they stressed about the 90 day probation period about not taking any time off. I had to level with them about my mom since at that point we knew she would not live 90 days. I was told they would work with me on that and the next day I get a call from the guy who knows me and wants me. They decided to hold off hiring me until I "Take care of the situation" then call them when I am ready. That was a really awesome thing they did for someone who isn't working for them yet. It allowed me to spend more time with her while she was alive.

We did have a trip planned to Potter county but she was in late stage and we canceled the trip. She died only two days after what would have been the trip, so I am glad we did cancel.

Just got done with their pre employment screenings and looks like I start the new job on the 10th. The only thing we will be kinda giving up is the SSRT pig roast. We usually make a long weekend of it and ride Bloody Skillet on Friday but I won't be able to take the day off. So we will just go down Saturday for the pig roast and stay overnight.

We did get away this past weekend for labor day, we camped at SSRT and just rode as we wanted to ride and relax. We needed a weekend away from home to get our minds off things. The past few weeks have been hard.

I also feel the way you do about work and life. I am done with working tons of overtime and not being able to do anything. This job will probably require some overtime, mostly staying to finish a job during the week and a weekend day now and then (provided I don't have anything planned) otherwise I want to go out riding, skiing and whatever I want to do. Life is too short to be dedicated to a job all the time. I don't need the overtime and I don't want it anymore. (at least working a lot of it, I will still do whatever is needed to solve a problem)

Mike

#40269 - 09/05/18 08:23 PM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
John1960 Offline
stranger

Sorry to hear about all you have been through Mike. Tough stuff. I can both sympathize and empathize.

Last August my wife, son and I were away for a couple of weeks when my mom passed away. My son and I were riding Whiskey Springs, Bloody Skillet, Coudersport, Nworc and AOAA. We were on the final leg of the trip when we learned my mom passed. She had a long battle with Alzheimer's. .

This July my Mother in Law passed from Leukemia. In the middle of the two Moms passing, my uncle died.

My son and I just got back from Hatfield McCoy . I take every opportunity to take him riding while the time permits. You just never know what life is going to throw at you, and when.

Hang in there. It gets better with time.

Best of luck with the new job.

John

#40270 - 09/06/18 05:52 AM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
mikeexplorer Offline

Getting away to SSRT for the weekend helped a lot. We rode over to Bloody Skillet twice, ate at Newmans. and just relaxed at camp.

In hind sight, We should have hit Whiskey Springs first, then go to SSRT for the weekend, but we planned it on short notice. Was a great weekend.

#40275 - 09/16/18 08:51 PM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
John1960 Offline
stranger

We made it to SSRT on 9/8 as planned. The weather reports called for a 10% chance of rain. We got 100% rained on!

It was still a good time. It’s a trail we will definitely go back to next year.

Columbus Day Weekend at NWORC will be our last ride for this year.

I hope the weather holds out for us.

#40276 - 09/17/18 05:35 AM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
mikeexplorer Offline

This summer has been something with all this rain!

I think we are the only two left on here :)

#40277 - 09/17/18 12:36 PM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
rjk2k7 Offline

I still come here from time to time but mostly just browse bc there is not much going on, heading up to potter this weekend going to get one last ride for the year most likely

#40278 - 09/17/18 04:40 PM Re: ATV Connector Trail Study [Re: mikeexplorer]
John1960 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: mikeexplorer
This summer has been something with all this rain!

I think we are the only two left on here :)

I’m either getting a UTV soon, or a wetsuit. I refuse to drive from Long Island to PA and give up riding just because of a little rain.

Yes, it appears that membership has dwindled quite a bit.

I would love to see this site come alive again.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  padirtslinger 
ATVingPA.com Gear Here !

Stickers should be in stock around the start of 2014. Anyone who has stickers ordered will get them as soon as we get them in. Thanks for your patience.

AD
Mud Pit

Mudders Online
0 Members (), 69 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
lissamcfee (36), Southern's Third Wife (55)
Newest Members
ed zipp, CTD03, Terry Chapla, Abcd, natale19
1773 Registered Users
Sponsor News
Random Pictures
(Views)Popular Topics
Word Association 73732021
The Youtube thread 797461
August 24 - 26 Exclusive ATVingPa.com Weekend @ Scrubgrass Village 575835
Welcome To ATVingPA.com 429793
ATVingPa.com group ride at AOAA ROLL CALL 422293
ANF ANNUAL WINTER RIDE 2-5-11 367444