ATVingPA

Kymco - MXU 375 cc Review - Supplied by Rock Run - Rock Run Machine Rental

Posted By: Trail Ranger

Kymco - MXU 375 cc Review - Supplied by Rock Run - Rock Run Machine Rental - 10/10/12 02:54 AM

Hey again everyone ! Wanted to throw a shout out to Rock Run Recreation Area...

Special thanks to everyone out there this weekend ! We had a great ride this weekend.

Rock Run provided me with a Kymco MXU 375 CC 4x4 Quad for a day on the trails.

Getting my rental was very easy and painless, I checked in, signed a few papers, and moved through the line to the garage where my machine was waiting. After some instruction (if necessary) the keys were mine providing I had my helmet in hand.

I was honestly surprised to see Rock Run had chosen Kymco as their choice for rental units and can say I wasn't really excited about riding it at first.

The machine was in good shape, had adequate power to even carry my large frame around and did well on all of the hills and anything else I was able to deal it.

After riding the machine for a few hours, I honestly gained alot of respect for the Kymco products. I have always thought of them as a lower end product and have honestly never had anything to base that opinion on, other than you never see them around very often.

I had no complaints about the machine, actually enjoyed it after I was on it for a while and shoved the stereotype out of my head, especially after I noticed that it had well over 2000 miles on it - probably all on the trails at rock run as well.

We had a nice group attend the weekend, and I was very happy with the machine, it ran competitively to the Can Am 450 that ran with me in the group.

This is a perfect machine for a rental fleet, and a good all around great machine for the average end user... I would suggest it to anyone, and the prices for these are great as well.

The Kymco MXU 375 cc gets 3.5 out of 5 Mud Splatters from Ranger in the review. While the unit is perfectly capable of toting me around the country side, it misses a few of the bells and whistles that other machines have collected. One thing I really missed was the engine brake on the downhills, and although it was plenty powerful, it wasn't snappy by any means.

One thing to keep in mind that this is a rental fleet machine and they will be ridden by experienced riders as well as beginners who have never been in the seat before. That being the case, Rock Run has chosen the perfect machine for the purpose in my honest opinion.

Thanks again to Rock Run recreation Area for hooking me up... You've got a great rental set up there...
Posted By: Denny Mann

Re: Kymco - MXU 375 cc Review - Supplied by Rock Run - Rock Run Machine Rental - 10/10/12 11:52 AM

I couldn't agree more over the quality of Kymco MXU Quads. I have owned my MXU for over a year with no issues. I bought my Kymco becuse of my experience with my BMW G450X. BMW designed the engine and Kymco builds it. In 2012 BMW moved the G450X into the Husky line where 3 models use the Kymco built engine. Great bike & Quad!
Posted By: Gary

Re: Kymco - MXU 375 cc Review - Supplied by Rock Run - Rock Run Machine Rental - 10/10/12 12:33 PM

Nice write up and great pics
Posted By: Ridgekid

Re: Kymco - MXU 375 cc Review - Supplied by Rock Run - Rock Run Machine Rental - 10/10/12 01:00 PM

Rock Run also promotes the Trail Tech Voyager. Did yours have one installed??
Posted By: Irish3wheeler

Re: Kymco - MXU 375 cc Review - Supplied by Rock Run - Rock Run Machine Rental - 10/10/12 01:48 PM

I have had up to 3 at one time of those machines. MXU's specifically, the 150, 250, and 300. Had there been a SxS with a larger engine I would have had it as well. I have over 3000 miles, all childrens hours, some complete newnies some with my daughters running Whiskey Springs, Lyman Run, back trails inPotter, Pocono riding, and our field here t home. They are perfect machines for the parent who wants to get a good machine, but cannot justify the price fromt he big four. Kymco makes the chinese imports look like vending machine prizes and has powered many of 3 out of the big 4's 150cc and under machines.

Parts are cheaper than the big 4, and for the right reasons. Plastics bumpers and "bendable" items are quick and easy to get, while alot of the electrical components and even some bolt on engine parts are shared by other machines, so finind the parts is relatively easy. Our 300 has been punished in many different ways by many different riders, myself included as you should not wheelie these machines LOL. and they just keep coming back for more. Id buy them agin in a heartbeat, as a matter of fact Im looking into the Mongoose 250 for my youngest who wants a sport quad. Hope this helps.
© 2021 ATVingPA.com